About Cupid's Caper
Soroptimist International is a worldwide organization for women in management, business, and the professions working to advance human rights and the status of women. The Auburn club, chartered in 1947, has supported a variety of community and international projects including:
- “Shelter for Sisters,” our most recent project helping homeless women and children in our community
- Women’s Opportunity Award providing scholarships to women heads of households, who overcome difficulties such as homelessness, serious illness or domestic violence
- ACAP Child and Family Services, providing safe, positive and affordable childcare to help families in our community become or stay employed
- City of Auburn Barrier-free playgrounds for children of all abilities
- Domestic Abuse Network’s Kids’ Club Program (DAWN) – Providing education and support to children who have witnessed domestic violence
- Establishment and Co-chairing of Auburn Fire Medic Fund with Rotary
To meet these community needs and many more, we are hosting Cupid’s Caper, our annual Valentine dinner-dance-auction fundraiser, on February 8, 2014 at the Meridian Valley Country Club. Our theme this year is “Cupid Goes Platinum” celebrating 20 years of Cupid’s Caper.
This year’s fundraising focus is on Empowering Women through our club’s own Women’s Opportunity Award and Shelter for Sisters programs. We are looking for businesses and individuals in our community to help us make a significant difference in the lives of women and girls through a variety of opportunities:
- Attend Cupid’s Caper
- Donate to the silent auction
- Sponsor our 20th anniversary event with a cash donation or a matching grant up to $10,000
We are grateful for the past support of our generous contributors who have helped us raise over $500,000 through the years. Please see our Sponsorship Flyer [link to sponsorship opportunities flyer] for the various levels of sponsorship available.
We look forward to having you join us for this year’s very special 20th anniversary Cupid’s Caper event.